Tell Us Your Stories
How do I enter?
1. Read the contest rules.
2. Record the story of your quest for information, what made it important, and how you achieved success at the National Archives in the form of a 400-word essay or a video no longer than two minutes.
3. Waiver and Release: Please review and fill out the waiver and release forms available on the Waiver and Release pages. You may also visit www.archives.gov/contest/found-it.html or obtain the rules in hard copy at participating National Archives locations.
4. Between Thursday, June 9, 2011 and Tuesday, August 9, 2011 (12midnight EASTERN) submit your entry one of the following ways:
-Post your essay or video to the contest’s Tumblr page, below. Tag your entry ifoundit2011 to indicate that you accept the terms of the waiver and release. If you do not tag your entry ifoundit2011, it will not be entered in the contest. See http://www.tumblr.com/help for information on creating a Tumblr account.
-Email your essay or video files to firstname.lastname@example.org. Attach your completed waiver and release forms.
-Mail your typed essay and completed waiver and release forms to:
“I Found it in the National Archives”
c/o Kristen Albrittain, Rm. 3200
National Archives at College Park
8601 Adelphi Road
College Park, MD 20740-6001
5. NARA is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected or incomplete entries or technical errors or difficulties.
6. All entries will be posted to Tumblr, regardless of how they were submitted. If you submit your entry via e-mail or post, NARA staff will upload your story to the “I Found it in the National Archives” Tumblr page.